Homemade hummus is so quick and easy to prepare and of course, the flavour can easily be customised using Carved Angel products. We highly recommend adding a little extra interest to your base hummus recipe using our Jazz spiced aubergine chutney. Buy Jazz Spiced Aubergine Chutney Here
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Jazz spiced aubergine chutney
- Drain the chickpeas, reserving the liquid from the can
- Put the chickpeas into a food processor along with the olive oil, tahini, tomato puree, lemon juice, aubergine chutney and the seasoning.
- Pop on the lid and blitz until the ingredients are blended to a consistency you are happy with, adding a little of the reserved liquid to loosen the mixture if necessary.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Upgrade the appearance of this aubergine hummus by drizzling with olive oil and topping with a few seeds, olives and chilli flakes. Alternatively use it in wraps and sandwiches.
Expert Tips • Pause the food processor midway through blending and scrape down the side before resuming. This ensures an even texture through the batch of hummus. • Don’t feel obliged to add in the reserved liquid. Only do so if you feel that your hummus needs thinning out a little. It’s not always necessary to do this. • Vary how long the hummus is processed for – this dip is great either served smooth or left chunkier. • Try our Dreams garlic and onion chutney with wasabi in place of Jazz chutney. The wasabi adds dramatic punch to the recipe. • Alternatively swap the Jazz chutney for our Bombay spiced tomato chutney for an aromatic tomato version. • Once the hummus is made store it in the fridge for up to 3 days – press a layer of food wrap directly onto the surface of the hummus to stop it from drying out. Buy Jazz Spiced Aubergine Chutney Here