Avocado and Tomato Toast
It’s hard to say what the star of the show is in this quick and easy recipe for avocado and tomato toast. Creamy avocado, tossed lightly in citrus juice comes topped with tangy roasted cherry tomatoes, salty feta cheese and crunchy seeds. The crowning glory on this veggie feast is our Caramelised onion confit. It’s a sublime combination.Click Here to Order Caramelised Onion Confit
Ingredients (for 2)
- 4 Slices sourdough bread
- 1 Avocado large
- 10 Cherry tomatoes
- 30 g Feta cheese
- 1 tbsp Seeds try a mix of pumpkin and sunflower
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 4 tsp Caramelised onion confit
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Halve the tomatoes, toss in a little olive oil then season and roast for 30 minutes.
- When the tomatoes are cooked, prepare the avocado: slice it through the middle, separate the halves, remove the stone and cut the flesh from the skin. Chop the flesh roughly (or mash) then mix in the lemon or lime juice and season to taste.
- Toast the bread and spread the prepared avocado over it.
- Top with the tomatoes, crumble the feta over the top and then scatter the seeds over everything.
- Grind a little black pepper over the top if desired and dot the Caramelised onion confit over the toasts.
- Serving Suggestions
- Avocado and tomato toast makes a delicious breakfast, lunch or brunch just as it is but a poached egg would make a welcome addition for anybody wanting to add to the recipe. A side serving of rocket salad would also be a tasty optional extra.
Expert Tips • Don’t prepare the avocado too early as it browns quickly – prepare it just as the tomatoes finish cooking. • Vary the bread. Sourdough is a great open, but brown, wholemeal, white, seeded or rye would all be fantastic alternatives. • Swap the feta for goat’s cheese. • Use our Rapture spicy red onion chutney in place of the Caramelised onion confit. Order Here Order Here