Brie & Ham Melt with Sunburst Tomato Chutney
A cheesy melt is a comforting and easy lunch to put together in no time. Try our open-faced Brie and Ham melt that makes use of our punchy and fresh Sun Burst old fashioned tomato chutney. It’s the perfect marriage of creamy cheese, salty ham and tangy tomatoes.Buy Sun Burst Chutney Here
Ingredients (per person)
- 2 Small slices sourdough bread thin sliced
- 100 g Brie
- 1 Slice ham
- 3 Chestnut mushrooms
- 1½ tablespoons Sunburst Tomato Chutney
- Rocket leaves – for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 1350F/ GM6.
- Slice the mushrooms and fry in a knob of butter for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Roughly slice the brie into thin pieces and tear up the ham.
- Spread half of the Sunburst tomato chutney over the slices of bread and lay them in a small roasting pan
- Top with the ham and mushrooms then lay the brie over the top
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted
- Divide the remaining chutney over the top of each slice and sprinkle with rocket leaves
- A side salad is the obvious partner with this cheesy melt but a cup of soup is also well-placed alongside it. Try our smoky tomato and red pepper soup.
Expert Tips • Vary the cheese. Cheddar, goats’ cheese or even blue cheese would all work well in this recipe. • Swap the Sunburst chutney for our Rapture Red Onion Chutney or our Spritzy gooseberry chutney • Not keen on mushrooms? Replace them with slices of tomato • This recipe is best eaten when freshy made and is not suitable for reheating. • However, the ingredients can be prepared in advance ready for speedy assembly later. Buy Sun Burst Chutney Here