Chocolate Orange Cream Sauce
Our chocolate orange cream sauce is quick and easy to make. It can be made in advance and this sauce makes a fantastic partner to our chocolate orange Christmas pudding and our chocolate steamed pudding.
Ingredients (makes approx. 400ml)
- 300 ml Single cream
- 4 tablespoons Sicilian Blood Orange Marmalade
- 3 tablespoons White Crème de Cacao liqueur
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and add the marmalade.
- Heat gently, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to allow the marmalade to melt. Do not let the cream boil.
- Use a stick blender to pulse the cream until the chunks of peel in the marmalade break down.
- Stir in the crème de cacao.
- Pour into a heatproof bowl, cover the surface with food wrap to stop a skin from forming, allow to cool then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Stir well just before serving.
- Serving suggestions
Expert Tips • Heat the cream and marmalade very gently to avoid the cream from burning on the bottom of the pan. • It will look lumpy until it has been blitzed with the stick blender. • Stir well to remove any bubbles created by processing the cream with the stick blender. • Avoid using dark crème do cacao as it will affect the colour of the cream. • Adjust the amount of alcohol used according to your own taste preferences.