Funky Beetroot Tart with Goats Cheese
This beetroot tart comes loaded up with creamy goat’s cheese and our fabulous Funky Beetroot Chutney. It’s easy to assemble (using store-bought pastry is perfectly acceptable) and boasts plenty of robust and lively flavours. Buy Funky Chutney Here
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 350 g Puff Pastry store-bought is fine
- 200 g Cooked beetroot not in vinegar
- 150 g Goats cheese
- 3 tbsp Funky Beetroot Chutney
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- A few rocket leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190C/ 375F/ GM5 and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Roll the pastry out to a rectangle approx. 20x30cm with a thickness of 2-3mm.
- Trim the edges to neaten then lay the pastry onto the baking sheet and score a border about 1cm in from the edge. Prick the pastry inside of the border all over with a fork.
- Slice the beetroot into rounds approx. 2mm thick. Lay the slices onto the pastry inside of the scored border.
- Mix the oil and balsamic vinegar together and brush over the beetroot.
- Slice or crumble the goat’s cheese and scatter over the tart.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden and the base is crisp (lift it carefully to check).
- Let cool for 15 minutes then spoon little piles of the Funky Beetroot Chutney sporadically over the tart. Cut the tart into 8 pieces, scatter with rocket leaves and serve warm.
- This lovely tart goes wonderfully well with a rocket salad and some buttered new potatoes. Alternatively, it’s a great addition to a buffet table.
Expert Tips • Take care not to cut all the way through the pastry when scoring the border. • Don’t forget to neaten the edge of the tart once the pastry is rolled out. It makes all the difference to the final presentation • Try our Rapture red onion chutney in place of the beetroot chutney. • This tart is best eaten fresh and slightly warm but leftovers can be refrigerated for 2 days. • Reheat as necessary in a low oven 150C/ 300F/ Gm 2 for around 10 minutes. • For a change try scattering 1 tablespoon of chopped hazelnuts over the tart once baked. It adds extra flavour and crunch.
Buy Funky Chutney Here