Gunpowder Chicken Sandwich
Make lunchtime special with these scrumptiously chicken sandwiches. They are brimming with succulent roast chicken, juicy salad, a touch of mayo and our Gunpowder hot garlic pickle to ramp up the flavour. Best of all, they are ready in just 5 minutes.
Ingredients (per person)
- 2 Slices bread
- 50 g Roast chicken breast
- ½ Roast red pepper from a jar
- 8 slices cucumber
- 2 Crisp lettuce leaves
- Black pepper
- 1½ Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Gunpowder hot garlic pickle
- Begin by washing and drying the lettuce then shredding it using a knife
- Slice the chicken and chop the red pepper into chunks
- Spread the mayonnaise onto one slice of bread and pile the lettuce, cucumber, red pepper and chicken onto the top
- Add a grind of black pepper
- Spread the Gunpowder pickle onto the other slice of bread and place pickle-side down onto the sandwich fillings
- Cut in half and serve
- Serving Suggestion
- To dress this chicken sandwich up serve it with a side salad and a handful of ready salted crisps alongside or opt for a steaming bowl of mulligatawny soup for a warming treat.
- Our Dreams garlic and onion chutney with wasabi would also work wonderfully in this chicken sandwich in place of the Gunpowder pickle.
Expert Tips • This sandwich is best eaten fresh but can be made in advance for lunchboxes and picnics provided it is wrapped well as soon as it is made to keep the bread fresh • Use crunchy lettuce to add texture to the sandwich • Homemade roasted red pepper is a great option if you have the time to make it • Warm chicken makes a delightful option too • This sandwich works well on white, brown or seeded bread • Alternatively, try piling these ingredients into a wrap or a soft roll for a change