Quick Creamy Gunpowder Dip
This creamy full-flavoured dip is so easy to prepare yet so versatile. Try serving it with potato wedges, vegetable sticks, sweet potato cubes or even breaded chicken pieces. Alternatively use it as a spread in sandwiches and burgers.
- Ingredients serves 4
- 4 tbsp Greek yoghurt plain, full fat
- 2 tbsp Gunpowder Hot Garlic Pickle
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Put the yoghurt and Gunpowder Pickle into a bowl with the salt and a good pinch of ground black pepper. Stir until well combined
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use
- Serving Suggestion
- Serve this spicy dip in individual serving pots or in a single bowl for sharing. Scatter a little ground black pepper and some torn coriander leaves over the top to finish the dip off in style.
Expert Tips • Use full-fat Greek yoghurt for a reliably thick and creamy consistency • Alternative plain yoghurts can be used but the dip will likely be thinner and less creamy • Vary the amount of Gunpowder pickle used – try just 1 tbsp for a less spicy result • This recipe can be made in advance but must be refrigerated until ready to serve as it contains dairy • If the dip has been stored before serving, a small amount of liquid may appear around the edges. This separation is normal – a quick stir will return the dip to prime condition