Savoury Croissants with Bacon and Cheese
Our recipe for savoury croissants makes inventive use of a pack of croissant dough from the supermarket chiller section. Encompassing our Sun Burst Tomato Chutney, chopped bacon, grated cheese and a little parsley, these rolled savoury croissants can be oven ready in around 10 minutes.Click Here to buy Sun Burst Tomato Chutney
Ingredients (for 6 savoury croissants)
- 350 g Pack croissant dough
- 3 tbsp Sun Burst Tomato Chutney
- 90 g Cheddar cheese
- 60 g Bacon rind removed
- Fresh parley
- Black pepper
- A little beaten egg.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F/ GM 4 and line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Pop open the pack of croissant dough and unroll it (do not cut along the perforations).
- Spread the Sun Burst Tomato Chutney over the dough, covering it entirely.
- Use a pizza wheel or sharp knife to cut the dough, lengthways, into 6 even strips.
- Coarsely grate the cheese and scatter it over the dough.
- Roughly chop the bacon and scatter it over the cheese.
- Finely chop enough parsley to make around 1 tablespoon then sprinkle this over the top.
- Grate a little black pepper over everything.
- Carefully roll up one of the strips of dough to create a spiralled circle. Tuck the end underneath and lay on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the other 5 strips, placing each one at least 5cm apart on the baking sheet.
- Brush with the beaten egg and bake for around 20 minutes. Cover them loosely with foil and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve warm.
Serving Suggestions Savoury croissants make a perfect addition to an informal breakfast buffet but they can also be served as a delicious brunch or lunch option with a simple salad or perhaps some oven-roasted cherry tomatoes alongside them. Expert Tips • Swap the cheddar for some blue cheese. • Make them vegetarian by replacing the bacon with some wilted spinach. • Try out this delicious savoury croissant recipe with Rapture Red Onion Chutney or Bombay Spiced Tomato Chutney to ring the changes. • Don’t cram the rolls too closely together on the baking sheet as they do expand considerably as they bake. • Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2 days and gently reheated in the oven before serving. • They can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Click Here to buy Sun Burst Tomato Chutney